Answer the following:
- Define the concept of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Elaborate on differences and similarities between effectiveness and efficiency.
- How would you apply these two concepts (effectiveness and efficiency) to an organization or program of your choice?
- Contribute a minimum of 450 words for your initial post. It should include at least two academic sources, formatted and cited in APA.
Organizational Models of Human Behavior
The concept of the organization stems from the very social nature of the human being, who lives in coexistence and continuous interaction with others. This causes the human being to coexist with other human beings and form organizations. Chiavenato (2011) defines an organization as a system of coordinated activities between two or more individuals. He mentions that an organization exists if the following conditions are present; people capable of communicating, willing to contribute to joint action, and a purpose of achieving a common goal. Each member of the organization can put the common interest above personal interest.
According to Chiavenato (2011), organizations can engage both in the production of goods or products (consumer goods, machinery, equipment, etc.) and in the production or provision of services (specialized activities, such as money management, medicine, dissemination of knowledge, traffic planning, and control, etc.). […] there are industrial, economic, and commercial organizations, religious, military, educational, social, and political, among others (p. 6).
These various organizations impact and influence people regarding their value systems, how they dress, what and how they buy, attitudes, and norms, among others. It should be noted that organizations are, in turn, influenced by individuals. Organizations grow, excel, and have positive outcomes. Still, at the same time, hierarchical levels increase, distancing the individual from their personal objectives from the organizational objectives, which almost always causes conflict between them. We can emphasize that organizations are diverse and complex as they grow.
The following table allows us to understand organizational development (OD) over time:
able 1: The Three Stages of Organizations in the Twentieth Century
|Classic Industrialization||Neoclassical Industrialization||Information Age|
|Predominant Organizational Structure||Functional, burrocratic, pyramidal, centralized, rigid, and inflexible. Emphasis on areas.||Matrix and mixed. Emphasis on departmentalization by products, services, or other strategic business units||Fluid and flexible, fully decentralized. Emphasis on multifunctional networks|
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.