- Review the case study scenario below and the client’s family history and medical profile information from unit 1.
- Next, write a 6-8 analysis of the client (including title and reference) according to the assignment specifications, outline, and grading rubric.
Case Study 2 Scenario:
Client, William Collins, arrived to the emergency room for an exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). The emergency department nurse enters the triage room to find Mr. Collins sitting at the side of the bed leaning forward with both arms on the bedside tray. He complains he is having shortness of breath that he is unable to control with his usual medications. His son is with him at the bedside because his wife is unable to come with him due to dialysis.
Case Study Analysis Assignment Outline:
The case study analysis should include the following sections with responses and rationales for all the prompts.
Provide an overview of the pathophysiology of the disease exhibited by the client. Include:
- What additional assessment findings would you look for?
- What lab abnormalities would you expect to see?
- What diagnostics would you anticipate the healthcare team ordering?
- Provide a rationale for your answers.
Implications for Self-Care (2 paragraphs)
- Consider Maslow??s hierarchy of needs and describe where the client falls in that hierarchy and how this will impact care and healing.
- How does this disease process impact the client??s and/or their care provider??s ability to care for themselves?
Patient Education Strategy (2-3 paragraphs)
- Identify 3-5 appropriate nursing interventions and teaching points for your client based on the pathophysiology and assessment findings.
- Describe the educational strategies that should be incorporated when building a plan of care for your client.
- Support with rationale.
Interdisciplinary Collaboration (2-3 paragraphs)
- Identify 2-4 interdisciplinary team members who need to be included in the care of the client. Include rationale.
- Consider the care the client will need while inpatient and upon discharge.
- Consider nutrition, community services, and financial implications.
- Summarize the key concepts of this disease process and client case study scenario.
- A minimum of three references should be used.
- References should be no more than five years old. Exceptions include seminal works, such as original publications by nurse theorists.
- One reference must be your textbook,
- One reference must be from a peer-reviewed journal,
- One reference must be from an authoritative website such as the CDC, NIH or Healthy People 2030.
- Name thewith a File Naming Protocol: When you save the, name it: LastName_NSG 3300_CaseStudyAnalysis_1.docx reflects clinical and professional client/cases, and no references to personal or family issues.
- All should be written in APA formatting. This should include:
- Formal components, such as a title, and APA formatting with an introductory and conclusion paragraph that summarizes the key concepts
- APA-formatted level headings
- APA margin, font, and paragraph spacing
- Include page numbers
- Appropriate in-text reference citations
- A reference page, in correct APA format
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.