Charlie is a fifth grader who receives special education services for a learning disability. He is on grade level in math and two years below grade level in reading. He receives services in a resource setting for one hour each day. Charlie has no history of behavior problems.
Recently, Charlie was caught stealing software from the computer lab at his school. His teacher referred him to the assistant principal who issued a three-day suspension and required him to return the stolen materials.
The day of the incident, when Charlie returned to the classroom to gather his belongings, he confronted his teacher. He called her names, threatened to come back to school with a knife to ??cut her,? and pretended to swing his fists toward her. Charlie??s teacher called the principal, who, in accordance with the student code of conduct at the school, issued an additional 10-day suspension for Charlie, bringing his total days of suspension to 13.
Note: Adapted from Key issues in discipline (Module 19). Building the legacy: IDEA 2004 training curriculum, by R. Bradley, R., 2007, Washington, DC: National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities.
address the questions that follow. Support your answers with references to specific sections of IDEA where applicable.
- What will the special education teacher need to do next because of Charlie??s 13-day suspension?
- Who will need to be contacted regarding Charlie??s suspension?
- What services, if any, need to be provided to Charlie during his removal to an interim alternative educational setting (IAES)? Who are the stakeholders involved in this discussion?
Assume a manifestation determination review is held for Charlie, and it is determined that his behavior was not a manifestation of his disability.
- What disciplinary actions are permissible?
- What, if any, services will be provided to Charlie for the duration of the disciplinary action?
- What happens if Charlie??s parents appeal the manifestation determination?
Support your findings with a 2-3 scholarly resources in addition to IDEA.
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.