The goal of this paper is to conduct a rhetorical analysis of a speech using Aristotle??s ??rhetorical appeals? aka ethos, pathos, and logos. Through an analysis of a speech and the usage of ethos, pathos, and logos within that speech, you should show your knowledge and understanding of the rhetorical theory and how the theory can be used to ??unpack? a rhetorical artifact.
Objectives to be Met:
- Demonstrate your understanding of Aristotle??s ethos, pathos, and logos.
- Use Aristotle??s theory to evaluate and critique Barbara Jordan??s speech at the 1976 Democratic National Convention.
- Demonstrate command of the mechanics of writing, including using proper grammar, spelling, and academic referencing (using APA Style).
Barbara Jordan, Democratic National Convention Keynote Speech
Your paper should:
- Show that you have read through AND watched Barbara Jordan??s keynote address at the 1976 Democratic National Convention
- Outline Aristotle??s three rhetorical appeals (ethos, pathos, and logos) in your own words
- Examine and evaluate Jordan??s speech at length through the use of this rhetorical perspective.
- In total, the first portion of the paper will provide introductory information about the speech such as a summary of what was covered, the political climate at the time of the speech, and some background on Jordan (1/4 of the paper)
- The second portion will present the rhetorical theory in your own words (i.e. What is ethos? What is pathos? What is logos?) (1/4 of the paper)
- The final portion will involve you critiquing the speech using the theory (i.e. How does Jordan use ethos? How does Jordan use pathos? How does Jordan use logos?) (1/2 of the paper)
The paper should be 3 pages in length, use 1? margins all around, be written in 12-point Times New Roman font, and be double-spaced. Any citations should use APA format and the paper itself should include a ??References? page at the end of the paper (this is not included as part of the 4-5 page requirement). No cover page or abstract, please. Let??s save some paper.
To acquaint yourself with APA formatting, please see Purdue University??s APA Style Guide overview. Links to an external site. It is a great resource and easy to navigate. If you have not used it before, the site has other style guides (ex. MLA, Chicago) that may be helpful in other classes. With that said, this stuff is complicated, but try not to overthink it particularly your ??References? page which can be as simple as this:
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.