Often as leaders we are faced with budgetary constraints. As the leader of a unit or department, you must make financial decisions that impact the quality and safety for your patients and your staff. When issues arise, it is up to you to solve the problem. Problem solving is less successful when it is done in a silo. Choose one of the problem statements and determine how you as the leader will address the situation. How does the budget influence policy development? How can you influence your team to think strategically to come up with creative ways to problem solve? Who are your stakeholders? Who can you collaborate with to solve the problem?
In this discussion, you will choose a problem statement and respond to specific prompts.
Dialysis Discharge Standard Work:
Currently your hospital is not reimbursed for inpatient hemodialysis (approx. $400/treatment) performed on the day of discharge for chronic hemodialysis patients. A process for deferring medically stable patients to outpatient facilities has been developed and implemented, however, it is inconsistent and tracking success has been difficult to show sustained cost savings.
Biohazardous Waste Reduction:
The removal of biohazardous waste is 2-4x more expensive than normal waste. Current data shows 50-60% of items designated for biohazardous waste removal are not biohazardous waste. The elevated cost of disposing of these items through biohazard waste removal increases the cost of healthcare for our patients.
System Alarm Intervention:
Based on recent Patient Safety events, an issue with the cardiac monitoring process has been identified. Patients that require cardiac monitoring (telemetry & hard-wired) are not always recognized and when an issue arises, the notification of the alarm is not consistently heard, seen, or known which causes a delay in medical intervention and puts our patients’ safety at risk. In addition, your organization has a bold goal of achieving 0 serious patient safety events and this work is critical to the organization’s success in eliminating serious safety events. It should be noted that each event that makes its way to litigation costs your organization approximately $1.25MM/case.
Select one of the problem statements in the Overview.
Explain which cost-analysis model, from your reading, best fits the problem you have selected.
Explain why you chose the model and share how you would address the situation as the leader.
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.