Based on the reading
Ted Kaczynski (Unabomber), Industrial Society and its Future, pages 74-112.
read pages 73-79, 82-88, 95 (#177)-112.
answer each question in less than 50 words (per answer). Use your own words unless you feel that a quotation is necessary. If you use a quote, provide a citation. Citing page numbers is encouraged.
1. What does Kaczynski propose as his ultimate value, or the value he thinks revolutionaries against the industrial-technological system should adopt?
2. According to Kaczynski, the industrial-technological system will alleviate mental health problems caused by increased technologization by manipulating the human mind and body with neurological, biological, and psychological techniques (e.g. anti-depressants). Why does Kaczynski think that even these interventions will fail to make humans happy in the long run?
3. Kaczynski and leftists like Bookchin both think that a revolution against the current society is morally necessary. Why would Kaczynski deny that Bookchin and other leftists are truly revolutionary?
For question 3, I will provide a bit of notes on bookchin and a reading. Which would be pages 254-264 to skim through.
– Deep ecology ignores the significance and influence of human agencies and social systems in ecological problems by focusing on preservation and biocentrism. As social ecology emphasizes the interdependence of natural and human systems, it is a better worldview since to address ecological issues fully; we address the social issues.
– Bookchin challenges the simplistic perspective that nature is innately benign and harmonious, arguing that this perspective overlooks the possibility that nature could also be destructive. He advocates the need for developing a more nuanced knowledge of ecological preservation, eliminating dangerous parts, and developing approaches to defend against threats like aids and so on.
-The social ecology worldview is not politically neutral as it advocates for libertarian socialism, including attacking and removing authoritarian structures and hierarchies (capitalism, states, classes) to ensure human minds and species get a fair share in process of ecological progression (Bookchin, 261). It represents Bookchin’s ideal society politically, socially, and economically.
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.