I’m working on a nursing discussion question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
According to Utley et al., (2018), the metaparadigm of nursing consists of four interrelated concepts. These are person, environment, health, and nursing. These concepts provide the framework for the nursing discipline. Wayne (2023) further describes each of these concepts. The person who in this case is the client or human being is the recipient of nursing care. This may refer to the patient or even their family. The environment or the situation refers to the internal and external surroundings that affect the client. This could include all the positive or negative conditions that could affect the client such as the healthcare setting, their family, or their friends. Health refers to the degree of wellness or wellness that the client experiences. Nursing refers to the nurse’s actions, attributes, and characteristics that provide care on behalf of or in conjunction with the client. These concepts should be present in a nursing theory whose ultimate goal is to improve patient care
My theory was aimed at improving patient outcomes for patients with type 2 diabetes. At first, it was too wordy but last week I improved it to read; Patient engagement (Concept A) improves (proposition) patient outcomes (Concept B). This theory was based on the Caritas of being authentically present which means that the nurse should practice skills such as active listening so that the patient can be fully involved in formulating sustainable care plans. The person, in this case, is the patient who is the recipient of nursing care. The environment can imply all the factors that affect a patient in their management of type 2 diabetes, this could include their physical environment where they exercise or the availability of healthy foods. It could also include the hospital environment where the nurse and the patient are interacting during a care episode. This is part of patient engagement. Health refers to the outcomes that are expected when they are engaged in their care. This could include indicators such as regulated blood sugar levels. Nursing are the characteristics of the nurse during this engagement. This may include active listening, patient education, and making regular follow-ups as part of patient engagement.
Utley, R., Henry, K., & Smith, L. (2018). Frameworks for advanced nursing practice and research. New York: Springer Publishing Company.
Wayne, B. (2023). Nursing theories and theorists: The definitive guide for nurses. Retrieved from Nurselabs: https://nurseslabs.com/nursing-theories/#h-the-nur…
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.