General Instructions (for all assignments)
- The assignment needs to be 2 pages, not including the “References” page.
- Use the attached student sample below. You can download it, and use the formatting.
- Use Word (docx).
- At the top of the first page, type the title of the assignment, M1: Assignment. Do not include any other information. (We use a modified APA style for formatting assignments; do not include a title page nor an abstract.)
- The document needs to be double-spaced, with one-inch margins. Remove the paragraph spacing.
- The font needs to be Times New Roman, font size 12 point.
- Include each question number, as a subtitle, followed by each answer.
- If you are using information that is not your own, you must use an in-text citation within the sentence. This is true even if you are using information from the textbook(s). If you have the Little Seagull Handbook from FYS-1010, refer to APA Style on p. 201. If you do not, use the OWL website at OWL, APA Style.
- The last page is titled, References. You need to include APA reference citations for all your in-text citations. Again, refer to the Little Seagull Handbook or OWL website.
- Remember to run a full spelling and grammar check.
- Refer to the grading rubric with associated points.
- Submit your Word file to the correct assignment dropbox.
Instructions for M4: Assignment
Everything has two sides. Let??s look at the different ways that the media will report the same event.
Pick any current political event reported on by a typically ??conservative? or ??liberal? media source. Your media sources can be in any format (video or article). Note that the point of this assignment is to compare media bias in your sources so your sources must be reporting on the same thing and must be reporting on that issue differently. If you??re using an opinion piece from one source, you??ll need to use an opinion piece from your other source as well (to compare an opinion piece to a news piece is not a fair comparison).
Answer the following questions.
(Remember that the assignments are not about personal opinions; instead, we are critically examining the viewpoints based on the context of the time ?? historically, political, social/cultural ?? not based on our modern views.)
Question 1: What event are these media sources reporting on (explain the event with the necessary background)?
Question 2: Compare and contrast how your media sources report on this event/issue. What is different, what is the same?
Question 3: What are the facts? (Do some independent research, what are the actual facts unclouded by opinion by looking up a neutral source or a primary source of information (e.g., if the media is reporting on a speech the president has made, look up the transcript or video of this speech). Do either of your sources report these facts accurately?
Question 4: What assumptions are in each source?
Question 5: What opinion/bias are in each source?
Question 6: How does this assignment relate to Module 4 (Chapters 8, 9, and 10)? What did you learn? Be specific and refer to the textbook.
On your References page, ensure that the links to the two articles are working. (Your Professor/Instructor will use the link to read the articles before evaluating your assignment.
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.