I chose combination
Mass: 7 g
Volume: 14 L
1) % mass/volume concentration
Formula for % mass/volume concentration is given by
% mass/volume concentration = ( mass of solute in gram / volume of solution in mL) * 100
% mass/volume concentration = ( 7 / 14000) * 100
% mass/volume concentration = 0.05 %
Molar mass of solute = 56.0774 gram/mole
Number of mole of solute present in solution = mass of solute / molar mass of solute
=7 / 56.0774
Molarity = Number of mole of solute / volume of solution in liter
Molarity = 0.1248 / 14
Molarity =0.0089 M
Formula for Osmolarity is given by
Osmolarity = Molarity * g
where g = number of particle in solution ( for CaO g = 2)
Osmolarity = 0.0089 * 2
Osmolarity = 0.0178 osM
Bauer, R. C., Birk, J. P., & Marks, P. (2019). Introduction to chemistry. McGraw-Hill Education.
How can molarity and osmolarity be calculated from M/V?: Socratic. Socratic.org. (2014, May 19). https://socratic.org/questions/how-can-molarity-and-osmolarity-be-calculated-from-m-v#:~:text=Molarity%20is%20the%20number%20of,in%201.00%20L%20of%20solution.
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.