This week will discuss purchasing power parity and interest rate parity, both of which are important theories in global economics. First, the equation for purchasing power parity is simple ?? the domestic price should equal the exchange rate multiplied by the foreign price. So, suppose your shirt sells for 10 euros in Europe. If purchasing power parity holds, what should be the price of that same shirt in the United States if it takes 1.145 dollars to get one euro?
Now for the fun part of this week??s threaded discussion…an activity! Pick a good that is bought and sold internationally…the only condition is that you can find the price in the United States and the foreign price online (e.g., the iPhone sold in Mexico versus the United States). Next, find the foreign price, domestic price, and the exchange rate before “testing” the degree to which purchasing power parity holds. Then discuss PPP and IRP with your peers! As you progress in this week’s discussion, elaborate upon why PPP might better hold for certain goods for certain countries, but not for others? In other words, if we observe major departures from PPP, what might be the cause?
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.