Knowing the content and methodology of phonics, high-frequency words, and syllabic analysis is essential if teachers intend to be able to help all of their pupils, both struggling and achieving readers, succeed. The chapter emphasizes the importance of phonics (if needed), high-frequency (sight) words, and syllabic analysis as tools for decoding words, but emphasizes that these elements must be taught and applied in the context of real reading and must be adapted to fit the needs of older students and struggling readers. Monitoring progress and gearing instruction to students?? level of development are emphasized. A system for leveling books according to the decoding skills needed to read them is presented. Fluency is also discussed. To empower readers to create their own instruction, the chapter presents basic concepts essential for planning a word recognition program: major consonant and vowel correspondences, generalizations, single-syllable and multisyllabic patterns, and methods and materials for teaching phonics, high-frequency words, and syllabication. Techniques for fostering fluency are presented in detail
In this discussion, based on your reading of the chapter ,indicate your understanding of Phonics awareness by responding to the questions below. Reflect upon and discuss ALL Two of the following questions
1. What does it mean if a 5-year-old child writes ??pez tak me yet u? (Please take me with you)? what instructional help would you give?
2. What are the basic principles of phonics instruction?
STEP 1: First, write a response with at least Five substantial sentences, integrating concepts you learned from the reading and other materials (include links with necessary). Show that you can think critically on the topic by integrating your own thoughts, analysis, or experiences.
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.