Module 6 – Discussion Board Activity
33 unread replies.33 replies.
Discussion Board #4: Bias in Advertising
Think about the brands associated with your morning routine ?? Starbucks, Dunkin?? Donuts, Pantene, Carol??s Daughter, Dove, Crest, Oral B, Sonic, Toyota, and so on. Make a list of them. Now go to YouTube and spend 10 minutes viewing ads for five of your brands. If they don??t have ads, visit the company??s website and poke around whatever interests you. Respond to the following questions:
- Do the people in the ads/on the website physically mirror the way they look, dress or act? Why might that be/not be?
- Who is the intended target audience?
- Who might be left out?
- Is there an opportunity to add more people of color or another gender, age group or ethnicity?
- Do you think add ads should be equally representative, or should there be separate ??male ads? and ??female ads? (e.g., for the same brand)? Why/why not?
Strategy & Branding
?¢ Identify the various components of an integrated marketing campaign
?¢ Define objectives, strategies and tactics in a marketing campaign and plan how to
?¢ Discuss the role of research as an essential component of ideation
?¢ Explain the difference between features and benefits of a product
?¢ Compose a brief and copy platform successfully
?¢ Describe tone, resonance, and positioning
?¢ Review the strategies of researching various generational groups
?¢ Compare the benefits and limitations of branding
3-Part Media Strategy to Consider in Advertising
?¢ Any marketing that you pay for to promote a product
?¢ TV ads
?¢ Radio sports
?¢ Print advertising
?¢ Sponsored social media ads/posts (much cheaper than traditional
?¢ Banner ads on a website
?¢ Content you create and publish on channels you own
ï??Content you distribute on social media
?¢ PR practitioners love this one
?¢ Where brands/organizations earn mentions without paying for it.
?¢ Published on channels not owned by you
?¢ Gained as result of efforts in paid and owned media.
ï??When bloggers do a review on products and services
ï??Influencers mention your brand
?¢ You generally ask permission to share the information
?¢ But sometimes your product or service is picked up without a request
?¢ When the ad message is blended with other content
?¢ E.g., in movies
?¢ Covers newspaper, magazines, television, radio, banner ads, and
?¢ Most of your budget will go to these this form of advertising
?¢ Non- traditional forms of promotion
?¢ Contention about whether this is advertising
?¢ However, MarCom, also called integrated marketing communication (IMC)
unites traditional and non-traditional elements into a single campaign
?¢ Doing whatever it takes to:
ï??bring awareness to the product
ï??increase the bottom line
?¢ Direct marketing
?¢ Sales promotion
?¢ Point of sale
?¢ Content marketing
?¢ Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
?¢ Mobile advertising
?¢ Social advertising
?¢ Experiential advertising
?¢ Specialty advertising
?¢ Anything else you can stick your logo on
What is the Problem
?¢ One of the biggest mistake a lot of people make is to think about the tactics
?¢ However, you must first decide:
?¢ What is the problem to be solved with the campaign
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.