Select a performance from the AMERICAN playlist at:
Write a performance response using the attached example and rubric. DO NOT simply answer the questions: these responses must be in the form of a newspaper review. Simple answers to questions will not get you the full amount of points. Be sure to check for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Time and Place (5 points)
Describe how you created a time and a place for your concert viewing experience. Where and when did you watch? With whom did you watch? How did you create an environment that helped you to focus on the music?
Repertoire (5 points)
After watching the concert as a whole, how would you rate the order in which the pieces were performed? Would you keep everything the same? Why or why not? Would you change any of the pieces? Why or why not?
Personal Critique (15 points)
Which work did you find most enjoyable and why? Which work did you like almost as well and why? Which work did you least enjoy and why? Was your like or dislike due to the piece itself, or the way it was played?
Poor answer: I like the piece because it was pretty.
Better answer: I like the piece because the melody was pleasant and I remembered it afterward.
Best answer: I like the piece because the rhythm and direction of the melody in the piano had a strong contrast to the accompaniment in the orchestra. The tension between those two elements gave the piece a sense of “give and take.” The pianist did a wonderful job of highlighting those contrasts, and the conductor did a good job of keeping the orchestra low enough so that the piano could always be heard.
Connection to Course (15 points)
Choose one piece from the program, identify it, and answer the following question:
To what musical elements that we have studied do you see any connections? Explain your choices.
Sound: timbre, texture, dynamics
Rhythm: meter, tempo
Personal Reaction (10 points)
Give any other reactions to the experience as a whole. Feel free to mention images, feelings, emotions, mood and the effect of the overall spirit of the music. If you honestly didn’t have any emotional reactions to the music, then explain why you think that is. Be self-reflective and honest.
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.