PLEASE RESPOND IN 50 WORDS OR MORE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. What staffing model is implemented at the facility where you work? What would you recommend for modifying the staffing model where you work, what is you recommendation based on and how would you implement the change? (Support your thoughts/ideas with academic literature OR required readings)
The staffing model the facility where I work is a nursing home. We use a census as our staffing model. On my floor there is a total of 23 rooms and 2 clients per room. Most of the time we are short staffed, and as a result there are only 2 nurses and we each have 23 patients sometimes less if patients get discharged. Per facility each nurse is suppose to have 9 patients. When dividing patients among nurses I think it is important to take into account patient acuity, some patients require more intense care than others. Meaning if the patients are equally divided the workload may not be. I believe that it is important to talk to your coworkers about this concern to prevent placing patients at risk and create a positive environment where the workload is shared. A lot of times coworkers are not willing to change assignments and that is where I think the unit manager should step in. To fix this problem more staff should be hired to keep the 9:1 ratio and the unit nurse should review assignments, before they are given. Most nurses experience substantial fatigue, with high acuity patients having an overall greater impact. We recommend that NPAs shall contain fewer high acuity patients than lower acuity patients. Additionally, The OFER acute fatigue scale (OPER-AF) suggests that assignments should contain no more than five patients to mitigate fatigue (Mollica and Schwerha, 2021).
Mollica, & Schwerha, D. (2021). Exploring the Relationship between Patient Acuity, Patient Assignments and Fatigue among Nurses. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, 65(1), 1200??1204. https://doi.org/10.1177/1071181321651016
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.