Portfolio Assignment: Classroom Layout
FL – Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (2010)
Area: Quality of Instruction.
Accomplished Practice: 2.b The Learning Environment. To maintain a student-centered learning environment that is safe, organized, equitable, flexible, inclusive, and collaborative, the effective educator consistently.
For this assignment, you will be given a scenario related to effective classroom arrangements in an elementary classroom. You will then provide possible suggestions/strategies for classroom placements. See attached for complete assignment details. You will upload your responses to the attached document.
In the IRIS module, you are to access Effective Seating Arrangements Elementary and download or use that resource online. You have downloaded it previously in this Module. However, if you need to access it again, use the following steps:
- Go to the Iris Resource LocatorLinks to an external site..
- Select “Behavior and Classroom Management”.
- Select “Case Studies”
- Final Select: “Effective Room Arrangement: Elementary. This is the document that you will need.
- Use the attached document to complete the assignment
Portfolio Assignment: Classroom Layout
For this assignment, you are going to seat the four students with diverse needs in the provided classroom layout. For each of the profiled student, you will identify where you would place the student in the classroom and provide a rationale for their placement taking into consideration the specifics of their profiles and strategies for placement considerations.
First review their profiles. Then look at the classroom seating chart provided. Decided where you will place them and then provide a rationale for their placement in the ??seating rationale? section at the bottom of this assignment. See more details below.
· Robert: 9.2 years old, fourth grade
· Latisha: 9.7 years old, fourth grade
· Helen: 9.4 years old, fourth grade
· Paulo: 10.4 years old, fourth grade
Following their special education math class, Robert, Latisha, Helen, and Paulo join the rest of their general education students in an inclusive instructional lab for science instruction.
The special education teacher has requested that the science teacher place these fourth graders at seating locations separate from one another, so as to allow them to interact more easily with their peers. To help facilitate their seating assignments, the special education teacher offered the following information:
Robert Needs to be near the dry erase board to see written material or near the demonstration table to see demonstrations .
Is easily distracted by other students due to his ADHD
Likes to volunteer to help the teacher.
Latisha Is shy
Is easily pulled off-task by distractions, especially computers
Does a good job of pretending to be on-task when she does not understand how to do something or just isn??t interested
Helen Is talkative
Will try to monopolize the teacher??s attention
Is a strong reader .
Paulo Loves science
Gets along well with other students
Works well in groups
Has a crush on Latisha
Speaks English as a Second Language: Has improved substantially but still struggles some with English
Possible Strategies to Use in Rationale
?¢ Minimizing distractions
?¢ Maximizing access
?¢ Matching arrangement to lesson purpose
?¢ Increasing ease of movement
1. Review the STAR sheets (in Canvas module) and Other resources for the possible strategies
2. Assign each of the four students one of the lettered seats in the classroom sketch below.
3. Provide a rationale as to why you selected these specific seating locations and indicate which strategies (from the possible strategies identified above) you used to make your decisions. The rationale should
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.