Post your cost comparison document from Unit 2. Assuming you might prescribe this drug for your patient, how would you minimize cost or assist the patient in getting the medication at the lowest cost possible. What resources are available to reduce drug costs? Find at least 2 resources for free or reduced cost medications. Respond to two other student posts as per the discussion board rubric.
Instructions: APA format discussion. 1 page length is fine. 3 references at least. nothing less. I posted the assignment from unit 2 below.
Comparing the Costs of Prescription Drug Brands vs. Generics and OTC Drugs vs. Generics
I selected Synthroid .05 mg, a prescription drug used to treat hypothyroidism in children, including infants and adults??the drug works by replacing a hormone the thyroid gland creates. The generic of the drug is Levothyroxine .05 mg. The selected OTC drug is Tylenol 500 mg, and its generic is Acetaminophen 500 mg. I selected Walgreens as the focus of a large chain pharmacy. Besides, I chose Kroger as the grocery store of interest and Honeybee pharmacy as the privately owned local pharmacy from which to get the drugs. In the pharmacy associated with a “big box,” Walmart was selected. In this paper presentation, I will compare the cash cost of the grand and generic drugs identified. Nonetheless, I will also present the addresses of each outlet.
The nearest Walgreens store to get the medicine is 151 N STATE ST, Chicago, IL. Synthroid .05 mg at this facility is $ $76.02 for a supply of 30 tablets (Walgreens, 2023). The pharmacy avails Levothyroxine 0.5mg at $15 for 30 tablets. The cost of Tylenol 500 mg is $0.25 per unit. This means that 30 tablets of Tylenol cost $7.5 (Walgreens, 2023). The generic, called Acetaminophen, costs around $0.12/ea. This means that 30 tablets of this generic OTC is $3.6.
Kroger is also a reliable supplier of the brand prescription and OTC drugs and their respective generics. The corporate location is 3200 Lake Emma Road, Suite 1000. Lake Mary, FL 32746. Synthroid .05 mg at Kroger costs $84.57 (Kroger, 2023). The cost of Levothyroxine 0.5mg for a supply of 30 tablets is $11.99. The cost of Tylenol at this pharmacy is $4.79. Its generic, (Acetaminophen), costs $3.00 (Kroger, 2023).
The pharmacy can be found at the following address: 3515 Helms Avenue, Culver City, CA 90232. Synthroid .05 mg at this facility usually costs around $88.60 (Honeybee, 2023). Levothyroxine 0.5mg costs $12.00 for a supply of 30 tablets. The cost of Tylenol at this pharmacy is $17. The cost for its generic, (Acetaminophen), is $7.00 (Honeybee, 2023).
Walmart Pharmacy can be found at the following address: 8333 Van Nuys Blvd, Panorama City, CA 91402. The cost of Synthroid .05 mg is $53.32. Levothyroxine 0.5mg is available at $4 for 30 tablets at the pharmacy. Besides, the cost of Tylenol is $6.72. Its generic, (Acetaminophen), costs $11.23 (SingleCare, 2023).
Comparing the Costs
The Synthroid brand’s cost in each pharmacy is higher than tha
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.