Write a 250-300-word essay (about one, double-spaced page) answering the following questions. Read pages 120 – 128 of the textbook, which explains Rawls’ thought very clearly.
In his A Theory of Justice, John Rawls sets out a thought experiment to determine rationally the principles of justice that should govern a just society. Rawls hypothesizes that these principles based on how a group of individuals would understand what is just when judged from what he calls the “original position,” that is, the place where all the members seeking to form a society must agree to the set of rules governing the society before it is formed. Rawls further argues that in order to reach an agreement, the consideration of the principles of justice must take place with the additional requirement that none of the individuals know what position they will have in the society to be formed. Rawls calls this the “veil of ignorance” behind which the principles will be decided.
Why is it necessary to postulate “an original position” where the potential members of a society are not yet in a society but need to form an agreement or contract? How does the notion of the “original position” argue for Rawls’ first principle of justice (equal rights or liberties)? (hint: Why is it important that the agreement is voluntary?)
Ive attached pages 120-128
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.