I. ARTICLE SUMMARIES
Label each article that you are writing about.
Each summary is worth 6 possible points.
The first paragraph will be a summary of the article, outlining the goal of the study, a description of the method or system, and the results. The second paragraph will be devoted to writing reflections, i.e. an individual perspective on this article.
At the end of the summary, you will write a single discussion question concerning the article that can be posed to the class. The discussion question should be based on your reaction to the reading. It should not be a question about a detail in the article but rather a broader question involving people to do independent thinking to answer it.
Some ideas can be used in such a perspective include:
Reactions to the readings, e.g. a critique (what the author got right or wrong) or why the study or system is beneficial
A theoretical idea that relates to the readings (e.g. drawn from another field such as psychology, sociology, philosophy)
Supplementary ideas, such as similar systems or studies, taken from other sources on the topic
A conceptual design for a system that the article suggests
A set of design principles that relate to the topic
For example, for the awareness topic, some possibilities include: proposing a definition of awareness, discussing design principles for systems that should support collaboration awareness, discussing a particular awareness topic such as the tradeoff of privacy and awareness, critiquing current approaches, or proposing new functionality that can better support awareness. Students are not limited to these topics.
During the course, students should be prepared to explain their perspective on the article during class discussion. They should also be prepared to present their discussion question.
If you use ChatGPT, you will receive a 0.
The grading rubric for the summaries will be (6 points total):
0-2 points for summary paragraph of article, as follows:
0-did not do
1-did a cursory job
2-excellent, in-depth summary
0-2 points for reactions to the article, as follows:
0-did not do
1-did a cursory job
2-excellent, thoughtful reactions; demonstrated that much work was put into this (see description above)
0-1 point for discussion question, as follows:
0-did not do, or did not write an adequate thought question. For example, “How did you like the article?” is not adequate.
1-demonstrated that much thought was put into constructing the question
1 point for professionalism: good grammar, proof-reading for no typos, neatness and good formatting.
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.