Read Cameron “Language, gender, and sexuality
Watch posted videos of Judith Butler. Videos are at the bottom
Answer questions over Cameron’s “Language, gender, and sexuality”
Answer questions 1 and 2, and then either 3 or 4 (15 pts each). Butler’s videos will be useful for Q. 2. You should write a long paragraph for each.
(A) Question over section: (Re)Conceptualizing Gender section on pp. 483-491
Make clear what the dominance framework (Lakoff) and (cultural) difference framework (Tannen) had in common and explain the ways that the diversity framework differs from them both. You can refer to what you know about these approaches from earlier readings.
(B) Question over section: The Linguistic Performance of Gender Diversity on pp. 491-493. You may use Butler’s videos here too.
a) What does it mean to say that gender is an accomplishment? “Gender is the repeated stylization of the body, a set of repeated acts within a highly rigid regulatory frame that congeal over time to produce the appearance of substance, of a ‘natural’ kind of being.” AND b) How can a study of a group of high school nerd girls illustrate gender performativity?
(C) Question over section: Gender, Sexuality and Heteronormativity on pp. 494-496
What is the difference in how Tannen and Eckert view same sex interaction?
Why is “sexuality” in the title of Cameron’s article
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.