Addiction comes from a psychological or physical dependency on alcohol, drugs, or even behaviors. In psychology, addiction refers to a compulsive pattern of behavior where a person can’t control their substance use or activity, despite harmful consequences. It involves biological and environmental factors and is often associated with brain reward system changes; treatment usually requires therapy, medication, and support from a community.
Some examples of behavioral or psychological addictions are:
Gambling addiction: they may constantly urge to gamble, even when it negatively impacts their finances and personal relationships.
Video game addiction: People with this addiction may spend excessive time playing it to the point where it affects their daily functioning.
Shopping addiction: People with this addiction may feel compelled to shop excessively, leading to financial problems and relationship difficulties.
Sex addiction involves:
A persistent need for sexual activity.
Leading to risky sexual behavior.
Social media addiction: People with this addiction may constantly need to check social media, leading to a loss of productivity, social isolation, and mental health issues (Pugle, 2022).
These types of behavioral addictions can be more potentially harmful than drug addictions, depending on the person; it also depends on the severity and how long the habits are. The most severe addictions are social media and video game addictions because they can be done anywhere and affect other aspects of life, such as school, work, and relationships. All additions can harm people, and seeking professional help can be a good thing to do. Behavior without taking chemicals can also get a person addicted because repeated engagement can strengthen neural pathways associated with reward and pleasure, leading to a compulsion to continue the behavior despite adverse consequences.
There are many ways of improving and breaking addictions: seeking professional support, accepting a problem, identifying the triggers, changing the environment, working out is a healthy way to enhance the addicted behaviors, and accepting your past (OHR,2021).
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.