DescriptionASSIGNMENT: Research and Presentation on an Artist’s Work and Legacy
The research assignment will be a combination of a paper and a slide presentation. Based
on a list of ceramic artists that I provide, you should select one of the artists and write an
article about his/her life, work, and legacy, emphasizing the ceramic processes and
techniques he uses most. As part of the assignment, you should produce a slide show about
the selected artist, with images of his works, as well as any relevant information that you
consider important to include. I find it interesting to see an image of the artist as well.
Select an artist from the list (at the end of this text). Send me the name you
selected along with a second choice, just in case your first pick has been previously
• Do the research and write a paper on the selected artist. A minimum of two
pages is the length requirement (not counting the images).
• Keep in mind that the paper should be written according to academic standards
both in terms of content and presentation. References must be cited if you use a
www or any other source.
• Slide show: 15 slides minimum; include facts about your artist, and, at least, 12
images of artworks made by the artist.
• References must be cited if you use a www or any other source, both in the
paper and the slide show.
• The due day is May 2th for the paper and the slide show. If you submit them
before you will have your grade early.
• Upload the final version of the paper and the slide show to Google Drive, then
share them with me, Carlos Prado , before May 6th. See
instructions in an announcement in Blackboard.
The following questions can help you with the narrative of the paper and presentation. The
questions are only a guide: you do not have to answer all questions, nor should you limit
yourself to them. The more information included the more knowledge gained.
1. When and where was the artist born? Include the artist’s date of death if
2. In what country/s did the artist spend most of his or her time creating art?
3. Is this artist part of an artistic movement or style? For example: Impressionism,
a. Include some information about the movement.
4. Research one or more important artwork created by the artist. Include some
interesting facts about the work.
a. When was the artwork created?
b. What makes this artwork interesting?
c. Where is this artwork currently being displayed?
d. How much is this artwork worth?
e. Style of this artwork (figurative or abstraction, coil building or wheelthrown, etc.)
f. Technique employed more frequently for building and decorating the
5. Why was this artist important in contemporary ceramics history?
6. What are some interesting and or unusual facts about this artist?
7. What is the legacy or technical contribution to ceramics that this artist has made,
You can also identify what kind of building or glazing ceramic technique the artist used most and
include a section dedicated to explaining that specific technique (description, history, examples
of other artists’ works) in the presentation. For example, Kurt Wiser use China Paint (or China
Painting): so, what is China Paint, origins, commercial and artistic use, historic importance, use
by other artists, how to identify this technique. Another example, Don Ritz used the wood firing
technique: so, what is wood firing, origins, commercial and artistic use, historic importance, use
by other artists, how to identify this technique.
List of Artists:
Purchase answer to see full
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.