Many people view clear distinctions between the public responsibility of a public organization and the public responsibility of a private organization. Over the past number of years, the enterprise system has increasingly modified the responsibilities of a private organization through the doctrine of social responsibility. This doctrine stands for the voluntary restraint of short-term profit maximization. It is ultimately intended to reflect a judgment by management in private organizations that their powers are ultimately subject to public expectations that extend beyond the stockholders’ interest in profit. Through this lens, we will assess and compare these responsibilities of leaders in both private and public organizations.
We will discuss the various perspectives of public and private organizations and the bottom line interests that drive decision making in public and private organizations.
Compare and contrast public responsibilities and accountability to the public on public and private organizations; and
Discuss the responsibilities that both public and private organizations play toward looking to the public good
Readings not linked below are available in the electronic reserves (eReserves). Access eReserves (ARES) on the left navigation bar of your screen. The electronic reserve readings are only available during this semester.
Public Obligations of Private Corporations (University of Pennsylvania Law Review, 1965) pp. 209-229, David S. Ruder.
Americans See Broad Responsibilities for Government; Little Change Since 2019 (Pew Research Center, March 17, 2021)
You are hired to develop a new social responsibility program for your organization. The head of the office has tasked you develop a plan for how your organization can have a positive community impact and correlate that with continued financial success. Your plan must ensure that these initiatives both grow the organization and has positive community impact. What are your initial steps? How would you help those within the organization understand the plan and understand their part in the plan? What are the benefits to the organization? What technological aids could be used toward this effort? How long should this effort take? How do you measure whether you are succeeding?
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.