Your response must be at least 6-8 sentences and include at least two citations from the text or other sources. All sources used must be cited using APA format.
The following resources may be used to complete this discussion:
Criminal Law, University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing edition, 2015
Due Process Violation. (2020, May 6). Wisconsin Law Journal, NA. Retrieved from https://link-gale-com.slcc.idm.oclc.org/apps/doc/A623548088/PPCJ?u=lln_aslcc&sid=PPCJ&xid=0479c2f1
Imagine this scenario. You face eviction from your home. Your teen daughter is off school because she is ill. A sheriff or constable arrives at your door to serve eviction and you briefly open the door, slam it shut, and return with a rifle in your arms. You again open the door. Meanwhile, your daughter has heard the commotion and has appeared in the entry, though not visible to the sheriff because she is standing behind you. You raise your weapon. Moments later, the sheriff fires his service pistol. The bullet goes through your upper arm and into your daughter’s heart, killing her. You are charged with her murder. How can that be?
This is what happened in a sleepy Pennsylvania town one January morning in 2016. According to media accounts, Constable Clark Steele arrived at Donald Meyer Jr.’s house in Duncannon, Penn Township, Perry County, on January 11, 2016, to execute an order of eviction from the rental property. Meyer’s 12-year-old daughter, Ciara Meyer, was standing behind him when he opened the door, armed with a semi-automatic rifle, which he raised at Constable Steele. Steele then fired his service revolver at Donald Meyer, Jr., hitting him in the arm. The bullet went through his arm and into Ciara’s heart and lung, killing her. Soon after, Donald Meyer Jr. was charged with criminal homicide, endangering children and a host of other criminal offenses including possession of a weapon by unauthorized persons on account of an earlier psychiatric hospitalization.
What role does mens rea and actus reus play in this case? Can the father be held criminally responsible for his daughter’s death? Why or why not? You make the call.
We offer the bestcustom writing paper services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.